At Moxie Pilates, I am committed to providing you personalized instruction in the supportive atmosphere of a private studio. Instruction is provided on state-of-the-art Stott Pilates apparatus; including 4 reformers, a cadillac/trapeze table, stability chairs, ladder barrel, spine corrector and Tower Trainers. Joseph Pilates' original exercise method is taught while incorporating current exercise principles to provide a safe and effective approach. Attention to detail emphasizes proper alignment and teaches students how to move their bodies efficiently. Complete coordination of the mind, body and spirit will have you walking taller and feeling more refreshed, relaxed and energized; hopefully with a little moxie.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm; Saturday 8:00 - 1:00. By appointment only.
"Kimm is so knowledgeable and I walk out of her studio feeling one step closer to better health!"
"Wonderful, professional, caring, clean, excellent workouts."
"Kimm was so nice and helpful. I was very nervous about signing up for classes, because I don't know if I can do Pilates. She was so kind and informative, I decided to sign up right away. Thanks kimm! I am nervous and excited to start."
"We enjoy working with you twice a week! You are most authentic, in the present moment, and truly attuned to us when adaptations are required when doing certain exercises. You rock!"
"Kimm is passionate about what she does and it rubs off on us! I thoroughly enjoy her classes!"
"I find your place of business very friendly and appreciate your expertise and help throughout the workout sessions. Thank you for all you do."
"My husband and I enjoyed our hour with Kimm! She is incredibly patient, knowledgeable, and encouraging. We look forward to our next session!"
"We thoroughly enjoy our sessions with Kimm! Our bodies are feeling and seeing the results! Thank you, thank you!"
About the Owner
Kimm began practicing pilates in 1998 as an original cast member / performer with Cirque du Soleil's "O" Show in Las Vegas and has been teaching pilates apparatus and matwork full-time since 2003. Prior to her pilates certification, she was a personal trainer and fitness specialist in a 55-and-over community for active adults.
- Certified Pilates Instructor (Comprehensive - accredited through UNLV)
- Certified Personal Trainer (American Council on Exercise)
- FAMI (Functional Anatomy for Movement & Injuries) at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in NY
- Shari Berkowitz's Vertical Workshop Pilates Teacher Intensives (advanced 1.5 year program)
- Professional High Diver / Acrobat for 7 years
- Performer Cirque du Soleil
- Former member US High Diving Team
- National level competitor in gymnastics and springboard diving
- Berks County Aquatic Hall of Fame 2004
- Bachelor's Degree Bloomsburg University
- Member of IDEA Health & Fitness Association
- Experience in working with ex-athletes such as dancers, gymnasts, runners, golfers and others
- Specializing in post-rehabilitation, seniors, and beginning exercisers
Kimm continues to bring you the best through yearly continuing education in pilates, personal training and related mind-body therapies. She has been inspired by participating in sessions with the following leaders in their respective fields: Shari Berkowitz, Rael Isacowitz, Lolita San Miguel, Brent Anderson, Elizabeth Larkam, Julian Littleford, Lawrence Biscontini, NASM, the very best Stott Pilates instructors, and many more.
- Payment for each class is in advance or at the time of service.
- Payment is by cash, check or major credit cards / debit cards. You can pay online or in person.
- A 24-Hour cancellation notice is required or session will be charged as if you had attended.
- All packages expire 6 months from date of purchase. Expiration dates can only be extended if a medical note is provided.
- All sessions and classes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows observation of proper body alignment.
- Before entering the studio, please remove shoes and turn off all cell phones. For POUND® class, "indoor-only" sneakers are allowed due to our special cork flooring. Pilates apparatus classes require socks.
Group Class Policies
- Classes are on-going and the schedule is subject to change.
- There are no membership fees. Pay-as-you-go or discounted packages are available.
- Group classes 30-45 minutes as noted. Private lessons are approximately 55 minutes.
- Please bring your own mat for mat classes (we have some you can borrow); socks for apparatus classes. Ripstix® are provided for POUND® classes.
- For apparatus classes only, the studio requires everyone to take 1-2 private lessons before joining the group.
In the event of bad weather, please check the class schedule or your email for updated information. If you are signed up for a class that is then cancelled, you will receive an automatic email notification. We generally use Governor Mifflin School closings as a guideline, but not always. Many times school will be delayed but we will still be open regular hours. Group classes will have cancellations posted online no later than two hours prior to their scheduled time. Private sessions will be rescheduled at your convenience.