At Moxie Pilates, we are committed to providing you personalized instruction in the supportive atmosphere of a private studio. We provide instruction on state-of-the-art Stott Pilates apparatus; including 4 reformers, a cadillac/trapeze table, stability chairs, ladder barrel, spine corrector and Tower Trainers. We teach Joseph Pilates' original exercise method while incorporating current exercise principles to provide a safe and effective approach. Attention to detail emphasizes proper alignment and teaches students how to move their bodies efficiently. Complete coordination of the mind, body and spirit will have you walking taller and feeling more refreshed, relaxed and energized; hopefully with a little moxie.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 8:00 pm; Saturday 8:00 - 1:00. By appointment only.
"Kimm is so knowledgeable and I walk out of her studio feeling one step closer to better health!"
"Wonderful, professional, caring, clean, excellent workouts."
"We enjoy working with you twice a week! You are most authentic, in the present moment, and truly attuned to us when adaptations are required when doing certain exercises. You rock!"
"Kimm is passionate about what she does and it rubs off on us! I thoroughly enjoy her classes!"
"I find your place of business very friendly and appreciate your expertise and help throughout the workout sessions. Thank you for all you do."
"My husband and I enjoyed our hour with Kimm! She is incredibly patient, knowledgeable, and encouraging. We look forward to our next session!"
"We thoroughly enjoy our sessions with Kimm! Our bodies are feeling and seeing the results! Thank you, thank you!"
About the Owner & Instructors
Kimm Miller, CPT, Owner
Kimm began practicing pilates in 1998 as an original cast member / performer with Cirque du Soleil's "O" Show in Las Vegas and has been teaching pilates apparatus and matwork full-time since 2003. Prior to her pilates certification, she was a personal trainer and fitness specialist in a 55-and-over community for active adults.
- Certified Pilates Instructor (Comprehensive - accredited through UNLV)
- Certified Personal Trainer (American Council on Exercise)
- Professional High Diver / Acrobat for 7 years
- Performer Cirque du Soleil
- Former member US High Diving Team
- National level competitor in gymnastics and springboard diving
- Berks County Aquatic Hall of Fame 2004
- Bachelor's Degree Bloomsburg University
- Member of IDEA Health & Fitness Association
- Experience in working with dancers, gymnasts, runners, golfers and other athletes
- Experience with seniors, beginning exercisers, post-rehabilitation
Kimm continues to bring you the best through yearly continuing education in pilates, personal training and related mind-body therapies. She has been inspired by participating in sessions with the following leaders in their respective fields: Shari Berkowitz, Rael Isacowitz, Lolita San Miguel, Brent Anderson, Elizabeth Larkam, Julian Littleford, Lawrence Biscontini, NASM, the very best Stott Pilates instructors, and many more.
Summer Jess, Pilates Studio Instructor
During a transitional time in Summer's life, Pilates and Yoga became meaningful as an avenue of personal growth. In 2011 she began a regimented Pilates practice and started the rigorous process of a Peak Pilates¨ comprehensive mat & equipment certification. She has experienced firsthand how Pilates transforms the mind as well as the physical being by bringing clarity and inner strength from the work into her life. Summer enjoys sharing what she's learned while helping others discover and integrate a Pilates practice into their lives.
- Payment for each class is in advance or at the time of service.
- Payment is by cash, check or major credit cards / debit cards.
- A 24-Hour cancellation notice is required or session will be charged as if you had attended.
- All packages expire 6 months from date of purchase. Expiration dates can only be extended if a medical note is provided.
- All sessions and classes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Wear comfortable clothing that allows observation of proper body alignment.
- Before entering the studio, please remove shoes and turn off all cell phones. For POUND® class, "indoor-only" sneakers are allowed due to our special cork flooring. Pilates apparatus classes require socks.
Group Class Policies
- Classes are on-going and the schedule is subject to change.
- There are no membership fees. Pay-as-you-go or discounted packages are available.
- All group classes last 45 minutes unless otherwise noted.
- Please bring your own mat for mat classes (we have some you can borrow); socks for apparatus classes. Ripstix® are provided for POUND® classes.
- For apparatus classes only, the studio requires everyone to take 1-2 private lessons before joining the group.
In the event of bad weather, please check the class schedule or your email for updated information. If you are signed up for a class that is then cancelled, you will receive an automatic email notification. We generally use Governor Mifflin School closings as a guideline, but not always. Many times school will be delayed but we will still be open regular hours. Group classes will have cancellations posted online no later than two hours prior to their scheduled time. Private sessions will be rescheduled at your convenience.