About the Studio
At Moxie Pilates, we are committed to providing you personalized instruction in the supportive atmosphere of a private studio. We teach Joseph Pilates' original exercise method while incorporating current exercise principles to provide a safe and effective approach. Attention to detail emphasizes proper alignment and teaches students how to move their bodies efficiently. Complete coordination of the mind, body and spirit will have you walking taller and feeling more refreshed, relaxed and re-energized; hopefully with a little moxie.
moxie [ mok - see ] noun (slang)
1. Energy; pep; initiative
2. Skill; know-how; expertise
3. Fortitude and determination
4. The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage
About the Owner: Kimm Miller, CPT
Kimm began practicing pilates in 1998 as an original cast member / performer with Cirque du Soleil's "O" Show in Las Vegas and has been teaching pilates apparatus and matwork full-time since 2003. Prior to her pilates certification, she was a personal trainer and fitness specialist in a 55-and-over community for active adults.
- Certified Pilates Instructor (Comprehensive)
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Professional High Diver / Acrobat for 7 years
- Performer Cirque du Soleil
- Former member US High Diving Team
- National level competitor in gymnastics and springboard diving
- Berks County Aquatic Hall of Fame 2004
- Bachelor's Degree Bloomsburg University
- Member of IDEA Health & Fitness Association
- Experience in working with dancers, gymnasts, runners, golfers and other athletes
- Experience with seniors, beginning exercisers, post-rehabilitation
Kimm continues to bring you the best through yearly continuing education in pilates, personal training and related mind-body therapies. She has been inspired by participating in sessions with the following leaders in their respective fields: Shari Berkowitz, Rael Isacowitz, Lolita San Miguel, Brent Anderson, Elizabeth Larkam, Julian Littleford, Lawrence Biscontini, NASM, the very best Stott Pilates instructors, and many more.
Pilates Studio Instructor, Summer Jess
During a transitional time in Summer's life, Pilates and Yoga became meaningful as an avenue of personal growth. In 2011 she began a regimented Pilates practice and started the rigorous process of a Peak Pilates® comprehensive mat & equipment certification. She has experienced firsthand how Pilates transforms the mind as well as the physical being by bringing clarity and inner strength from the work into her life. Summer enjoys sharing what she's learned while helping others discover and integrate a Pilates practice into their lives.